PARENT EFFECTIVENESS TRAINING by three time Nobel Peace Prize Nominee, Dr Thomas Gordon, teaches skills and supports families in building more peaceful and loving relationships.
P.E.T. is a course especially designed for families to learn a time-tested model of communication offering skills which enhance relationships with children and other important people in their lives.
Bookings are being taken now for the following P.E.T. course:
Milton, Brisbane – 4 x Sundays: 11th and 25th October, 8th and 22nd November 2020.
Register your name early to secure your place. Read more details of the course below.
P.E.T. ENABLES PARENTS TO:
- Create warmer more satisfying relationships
- Help children solve their own problems
- Resolve parent/child conflicts more easily
- Comfortably express their own concerns and unmet needs related to children’s behaviour
- Parents want to get their needs met too. The challenge of ‘trying’ to be consistent, present a united front, and be forever tolerant.
- How to listen so children will feel heard and understood using ‘Active listening’ or listening with empathy.
- How to talk so children will respect your needs. Effective communication of your needs that really works.
- Other ways to prevent and influence change in unacceptable behaviour. Strategies for modifying the environment and reducing conflict.
- The inevitable conflicts. Who will win? Gaining cooperation and avoiding power struggles.
- The no-lose method. How it develops resilience in kids and reduces rebellion or resentment.
- Resolving value collisions with children, partner, friends & family members.
PROBLEMS FAMILIES MAY BE FACING:
- Children don’t talk openly to parents
- Family conflict
- Using punishment triggers feelings of guilt for parents and children react resentfully
- Day-to-day demands often cause parents to feel, overwhelmed, overloaded and over-tired
- Hassles over issues like: bedtimes, chores, rules, screen time
- Children resist parents ideas and their values
- Tantrums, scenes, battles of wills, flare-ups are frequent
- Getting to school, arguments over homework or achievement level
- Children have difficulty being assertive ; dealing with bullying
DETAILS OF THE COURSE:
Sessions: The course is 24 hours. The Milton course will be conducted over four Sundays from 9am till 3pm. Classes are small and conducted in a friendly and relaxed environment. Individual coaching sessions are also available.
Who would attend: You do not have to be a parent. P.E.T. is open and valuable to anyone who is involved in situations, both personal and professional, where effective interpersonal communication is vital. Where possible it is most beneficial for couples to attend.
Cost: $395 per person. Each participant receives a workbook and a reference book ‘Parent Effectiveness Training: The Proven Program for Raising Responsible Children’ by Dr Thomas Gordon, and also a Certificate of Completion.
Dates: 4 x Sundays: 11th and 25th October, 8th and 22nd November 2020.
Venue: Teach Starter office, The Milton, 55 Railway Tce, Milton
To Book: Places are limited so book early. Contact Kathryn Tonges.
SOME ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
FOR THE PARENT PERSONALLY:
• Less stress and anxiety.
• Better able to deal with anger and strong emotions
• Increased self confidence and assertiveness
• Learn listening skills
• Increased self -understanding
BENEFITS FOR FAMILIES:
• Better two-way communication
• More family harmony
• Establish successful discipline
• Children become self-disciplined, more responsible and solve own problems
• Warmer feelings, closer relationships
• Children are more self-reliant, resilient, independent, and self-motivated Children more open to parent’s ideas
• More fun in the family!
Kathryn has conducted parenting courses for 38 years and coordinated a Family Support Program. She has taught from early childhood to tertiary level with a focus on Child Development and Effective Communication Skills. She has written blogs for Beijing Kids and Jing Magazines as well as Teach Starter. She is a parenting & life coach and is married with two adult sons and is now a doting grandparent of three.
Kathryn’s presentation style is interactive, informative, motivational and personal. Read testimonials from parents.
Her passion is helping parents to build more peaceful, loving relationships through improving their communication skills.
FREE PARENTING RESOURCES from Gordon Training International : click here